Tuesday, March 15, 2011

iHeartMyFriends

The last time I blogged about an electronic product, I talked about my iPhone 3GS and how it improved my life. In fact, I love it so much I decided to buy the new MacBook Pro (featuring quad-core Intel Core i7)! So far, it’s been a life saver. I recently gathered a group of amazing and willing friends to help read out a musical I wrote. I had some problems attaching my MP3 player to the stereo. But it was easily solved by burning a quick CD of the song files that were also in my Mac. The music played on the stereo without a hitch!

I also considered recording the read on my iPhone but luckily, one of my friends suggested using iMovie on the Mac. For a tiny camera, it really captured a wide berth and in high definition nonetheless. The microphone also picked up people from a pretty good distance, but of course it helped that the room was quiet. I have to say, I am learning and loving iMovie. It’s inspired me to make more videos. Expect some great new edits on my YouTube channel!

Playing World of Warcraft is also fantastic on the Mac. Graphics are rendered more smoothly than on my PC, granted my PC is three years older. I got a spunky Razer Naga Special Molten Edition mouse to go with it. Sexy!! Also got a new pair of headphones with microphone. Only problem here was the Mac’s Line In port is not meant for a microphone. Bummer! The Mac does have a built-in microphone with an “ambient noise reduction” function.

All in all, I would say as a PC user converting to a Mac, it wasn’t too difficult. And what the Mac has over the PC is style. It’s classy. Environmentalists will also be happy to know that it’s made from recyclable aluminium and has a mercury-free energy-efficient LED-backlit display made from arsenic-free glass. As of March 11th, iPhone has also released the new OS 4.3. The new Personal Hotspot function works perfectly with the MacBook Pro to provide Bluetooth internet tethering. Thumbs up Apple! What’s next for me? The iPad 2? We’ll see.

No comments: