Sunday, March 21, 2010

iKnowtoomuch

Technology is life changing. My external hard drive crashed. Many scanned documents, pictures and music... lost. I guess that's not one benefit of going CD free or paperless. Losing everything can be quite life changing. For now, I'll hang on to my drive. Maybe one day, data recovery won't cost between $400 - $2000. Western Digital... I shake my fist at you!

I also got an iPhone. It's amazing how it empowers you. I don't even need to get out of bed to check my emails first thing in the morning AND I give my deltoids a workout too! I can even turn up at the bus stop just in time for my bus because now I'll know when it's coming. I also have a dictionary and a pocket piano for perfect pitch. The recorder records very decent audio too! Screaming Adam Lambert fans at his concert didn't sound distorted at all! That's the true test of recording equipment.

The scary part is that it encourages you to leave traces of yourself everywhere. I update my Facebook status and tweet more often now, telling people what I'm doing and where I am. There's less and less of an excuse not to reply to someone sooner. I also find myself more consistently distracted and having to multitask more. However, it's something I'm actually getting good at, having the experience of more intense multitasking anyway, from playing World of Warcraft. All things considered, the iPhone is definitely here to stay - in my life at least.

(All pictures here are taken courtesy of my iPhone)

No comments: